Thursday, December 26, 2013

Affected

Hello!!!! I had an awesome Christmas this year and feel incredibly blessed! I don't know how early you and your family get up on Christmas morning, but, in my house, my sister wakes up way before 6 a.m. and sits awake. Then, she wakes all of the rest of us up at 5:50 usually and then we wait until 6 for our parents. The last 13 years, I would have a hard time falling asleep and be waking up too early right along with her. Thankfully though, I fell asleep right away and slept soundly this year... until my sister woke me up. :P I forgive her though, I just hope she grows out of that soon. ;) 

Bullying has really been on my mind lately. I recently had a friend over who was getting trashed over text and it really hurt to see how affected she was by this girl's words. Talking to another friend about it, she said, "It isn't fair, but there's really nothing you can do." That irritated me in a way, because I want to do something, but I don't even know where to begin and that didn't help. It's just not fair how much people get picked on these days. I really just hate all of it. Sick of being bullied myself and inspired by others' stories, I wrote a song called Stand Up, which I really hope I can share with the world someday. It just drives me insane because we're all people, we all have feelings, so why do others feel the need to take their problems out on those around them. I myself have been a victim of that lately, and it's been from one of the closest people in my life. I guess I'm not the only one so I'm trying not to take it personally but it's just hard to take because I did nothing to deserve it.

I'm glad to be going into a new year quite honestly. 2013 was the best and worst year of my life. I've been through so much and have changed a lot and I have a lot of memories-good and bad- to hold on to. I haven't thought about my New Year's resolutions yet, so I'll need to do that eventually. 

I hope that you had an amazing Christmas and that you have a happy New Year!!!!

Love,
Alicia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment