Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My Sixth Sense

Hello again! Yes, there has been quite a delay since my last post, no, I am not dead. Not much has been going on lately, just school pretty much. We're heading off to Colorado soon and I'm super excited to see my family and friends again! While I don't want to move back there, I love going out to visit. It's been over a year since last time, so I'm pretty excited.
 
Here in my area of PA it's kind of been snowing on and off, but there isn't very much of it. Even so, I'm officially sick of it. I just don't like the cold because I have to take my dog, Serena, out on a leash several times a day and it's freezing outside. As you can imagine, that doesn't make it very fun.
Right now I'm nice and warm though, sprawled out in the living room on the loveseat with my laptop. I have youth group tonight, and, even though I've been on for two weeks in a row, I wish that it was my turn to sing on the worship team. Oh well; I can wait a week. :)
I probably have said this a bajillion times before, but I adore the month of November and can't even explain why. To me, it has this "cozy" feeling to it; it's cold, but usually the holidays have a warm type of feeling to them. Ya know? Maybe it's the food on Thanksgiving... I don't know. ;)
 
Anyhoo, as I type this post, I'm wondering about how anyone reading this is doing. How is life going for you? I know that there's people all over the world who are hurting and I wish I could reach out and help them because I know what it feels like to be hurting and to want someone to be there, but you're too shy to ask for help. I have a friend that I've been emailing and I can tell that this person is weighed down by something, but I stopped asking if they were okay because I know that they're really not and that if this person wants to talk, they will. I'm just have a... well, like, a sixth sense to where I can see if people are hurting in some way. I spent a month falling back into the thoughts and feelings I was having before camp in the summer and that was hard; I never thought I'd get out of that. One day though, I said, "Satan, in the name of Jesus, I am done with this and refuse to entertain these thoughts anymore." and I've been better ever since. I just want to thank my family, my youth pastor, and my bestest friend (gurl, ya know who you are!) for being there for me once again and for helping me out of the dark pit I was in. Another thank you to a certain friend of mine at youth. This person is so great and has inspired me to keep going.
 
I hope your life is great and that you have an amazing Thanksgiving! I say that now because I'll be surprised if I can think of something to post about by next week.
 
Love,
Alicia
 
 
P.S. I changed my Fine Arts song yet again, but it won't change again. ;) Here it is...
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment