Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Faith

Hello! I'm having a very hard time believing that it's almost November already! I put another video on YouTube that I'll put on the link for if you want to watch. :)

This post, like my last one, actually is from a paper that I had to write for school that I wanted to put up on my blog. The topic is Faith.

According to 2 Peter 1:2-8, we are to have faith in God. The dictionary definition of the word, 'faith', is: belief; trust; religious conviction; system of beliefs; fidelity to one's promises. A big part of faith to me would be the words belief and trust; belief in God and His Word, and trust in the fact that, even in the darkest hours, He's still by your side and always will be.

In Ephesians 2:2-9, it says that we are saved by the grace of God, and not by the works of man. Not one of us ever have or will have deserved His grace. God could've just left us all hell-bound like we all deserve, but instead, He sacrificed His own Son to die on a cross and shed blood for our sins, just so we would be able to spend eternity in Heaven with Him. Of course, just because Jesus died for our sins, that doesn't automatically mean that we're going to Heaven. There's only one way to Heaven and it doesn't come out of being a good person. The only way to Heaven is through Jesus. John 14:6 says, "... I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." You have to repent to God of your sins and surrender your former ways to God and ask Him into your heart and your life. That doesn't mean you can't do anything other than church though; you can still have fun, but you want to try not to cross back into what you used to do.
In Hebrews 11:1, the Bible's definition of faith is this: "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen." It also talks in Hebrews 12:2 about Jesus; the author and finisher of our faith; "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. No one can be forced into a relationship with Christ, but it's the best relationship you'll ever have. God knows you better than anyone else and no matter what, through thick and thin, He's always going to be there, even when no one else is.

Romans 1:16-17 says, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto Salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.".
I actually have, "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ" written on my sneakers. God is always going to be a huge part of my life, and, since I've developed such a passion for Him, I've come to the realization that there's no going back; I'm never not going to be obsessed with Him, but I don't care.

A lot of times, you really do have to have faith and trust that God's going to work things out. I've been struggling lately, but I'm not giving up because He's helped me get through it before, and He'll definitely do it again.

Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment