Monday, September 2, 2013

Superman

Happy Labor Day!!! I want to say 'Congratulations' to all of us who survived Week #1 of school!!!! Yay for us!!!!
Anyhoo, today I'm going to be sending a special shout-out to Superman... but not the Superman the world has come to know; not the fake one who flies around and gets all the glory (p.s. if Superman doesn't fly... I don't know anything about him... I'm a Batman girl). I'm talking about a real-life Superman... my dad.
 
There's so much good I could say about him, but it's impossible to know where to even begin. He's always good for a laugh, he hasn't let me or anyone down, he kills all of the spiders that come into my room even if he has something better to do.
My dad is one of my heroes. There have been things in his life that he's had to go through that would make most people give up, or at least be depressed or angry all of the time... but, even through all of the storms life has thrown at him, he doesn't let any of it get him down. He's so fun to be around (even when he tries to embarrass me in front of my boyfriend) and... well... I just can't say enough.
People make up heroes that can fly and have super powers, but none of them are real. Not everyone you know in life can qualify as a real-life Superman... but my dad can. Dad, if you're reading this now, I love you. Thank you for everything you do for me and our family. You're my Superman.
 
Who's the Superman in your life? Not the hot guy at school... but a real-life person who's truly a hero. Take some time today to tell them thank you. If you can't tell them in person, then write them a note, send an email, give them a call. Let them know you appreciate them. Sometimes, that's all people need; just a little encouragement.
 
Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment