Monday, August 26, 2013

L-O-V-E

Good afternoon!!!!! So, the dreaded first day of high school came... and I survived. :) I had so much reading to do today, and I didn't even do all of my subjects! I'll get used to all the work again eventually. High school, bring it on!
 
Today I'm going to talk about relationships again, but I'm going to talk about a feeling that dominates most boy/girl relationships. That word, as you've probably guessed is love.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Love is a tricky thing; fragile. Like Ronnie's dad on the movie The Last Song says, 'Love is fragile, and we're not always its best caretakers.' Girls and guys fall headfirst into it and sometimes struggle to get out. Or they fall in, only to discover that the hole never really was as deep as they thought.
 
Like I said in my post, 'After A Hurricane, Comes A Rainbow', I was such a hopeless romantic before my ex broke up with me, but not anymore. I've chosen to enter another relationship, but this time, I'm not going to hold on so tightly. I'm not going to obsess over his name or spend my days caught up on something beautiful he said or that he sends me through text. Yes, having a boyfriend is great, but I think that us girls need to realize that having that one in your life is not everything, and it's not the end of the world if you can't find that special someone God has for you yet.
 
When I got my purity ring, the standards I set in place were that I won't have sex before I'm married, I won't dress or act immodestly, that I won't try to neither guys or girls astray from the life God has for them, and that I won't kiss anyone before I'm married. That last one always makes people wonder. Really? Why would you want to do that? is a question that I get asked a lot. The reason for it is because, I believe that that is something that was created for a wife and her husband to share when they get married, and if you give that away beforehand, it won't be as special.
Now, you may have just read that and disagree. Maybe you've already kissed your boyfriend/girlfriend before; maybe your views on the matter are different than mine, and that's okay! That's just my views on things.
 
My boyfriend now has had kind of a tough life because of things with his family and peers, and he's done things that now he regrets (haven't we all?), but he's turned his life back over to God, has started over. I really believe that, now that he's let go of things in life that were holding him back, he's going to begin to see how God can use him to minister to others and to make a difference. (He also sometimes brings out the romantic girl who used to dwell inside sometimes because he's so sweet and good to me that it makes me absolutely giddy).
 
Anyhoo, if you're confused about boys, I hope this helped. Also, I recommend It's (Not That)Complicated by the Botkin sisters
 
 
 
I'm reading it now, and even if you're not in a relationship... if you're a teenage girl... read it.

Have an amazing week of school (if possible) and don't get discouraged... only four more days of the week left! ;)

Love,
Alicia
 


No comments:

Post a Comment