Monday, September 30, 2013

Slow Down

Hello! Today I've stopped to really think about my life, and I was shocked to discover that I'm now 14 years old, I've started my freshman year in high school, I've been in and out of quite a few relationships (unfortunately), and, above all, life is speeding by faster than I realized... I mean, we're already almost in October! These things are facts that I already know, but haven't ever really stopped to think about it. Life has thrown a lot at me, I've grown stronger- wounded and scarred inside-, I've grown much closer to God, and I've grown into a young woman that I never really thought I'd be, but one I'm very proud to be. Honestly, I'm a little bit scared of the future, especially with everything going on right now! I just lost, well, maybe not lost, but as far as I know, me and one of my best friends will never have the same relationship that we did again because of recent events. We aren't even talking but we're going to be seeing each other soon and it's killing me not to know how she's being affected. It hurts because we'd been close for a while and I miss being able to talk to her and see her and to have her friendship. I've just had to pray about it and trust that God will do only what's best for me.
I really just wish things would slow down for a little bit. Life is crazy, and I'm kind of sick of the curveballs, but I'm trying to trust that God has a plan and a purpose, like it says in Jeremiah 29:11.

In your life, I suggest that you take a minute and think about everything in your life; slow it down and take a deep breath... life won't be like this for long.
Have a great week!!!!
Love,
Alicia



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment