Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Rebel For Christ; The Name That Has a New Meaning To Me

Hello!!! So, I finally decided which song I'm doing for Fine Arts; I'm doing Need You Know by Plumb and I'm doing a duet with one of my best friends to This Is The Stuff... so I'll be doing a Francesca Batistelli after all! :)
 
Anyway, today I want to talk about the name of my blog a little bit and how now it means a lot more to me in my life than it did when I started the blog last May.
Life lately has been crazy, and I've had to give things up and really think hard about certain things in my life; do they really belong there? I know I must be on the right track with my faith because, recently, I feel like I've been "attacked" in the area of my faith in ways that I never would've imagined would ever happen. A big portion of it is peer pressure.
 
Rebel For Christ was the name I chose for my blog because of the fact that it sounded cool, and that I heard the song Rebel by Lecrae and it said that the only rebellion left really is reading your Bible, going to Church and praying because no one is doing that anymore. I knew whenever I heard that song for the first time that I wanted to live rebellious for Jesus, but I didn't know where to begin exactly.
Lately though, I've realized exactly how I'm living a rebel; I'm being myself! Ever since I started going to my youth group last August, my life has been changed so much and I developed a passion for God that I won't ever lose. I can't even guarantee being around if I hadn't gone to youth group; it saved me in so many ways, but not everyone is having an easy time accepting that this is who I am... even some people who are closest to me. Don't get me wrong... I'm not going to change my faith just because I'm viewed as a goody-goody church girl sometimes, but the comments I've heard lately have bothered me because they've come from someone close in my life... and that's where the word Rebel comes in. In the midst of everything, I was praying that God would help me to not be angry at this person and I was praying that He'd bless their life, and it was then that God gave me another Secret Name; rebel.

When I brought home the rock that has my first Secret Name, warrior, on it, I contemplated drawing a design or writing something on the blank side, but I felt that I should leave it blank, so I did. Now, it's not blank, but has another name on it. I'm a warrior because I was strong enough to overcome everything that Satan tried to throw at me; suicide, thoughts of self-harm, depression and thoughts of inadequacy. I'm a rebel because I've chosen to live a good life that glorifies God and leaves me little to regret in terms of the rebellion everyone else goes after. I've literally just come to the realization that both of my names suggest that I'm strong... a fighter... a fighter for what's right and good and pure. I have more strength now than ever before and I'm determined to never give in to Satan again; never to let myself be corrupted by the ways of the world.

I just want to take a quick minute to thank my parents, my sisters, my youth pastor and my second family at youth group. I love you all and thank you for your support, acceptance of who I am and for continuing to be there for me in the good, bad and the very ugliest of times. Again, thanks and I love you!

To all those teens out there who are bullied at school for your faith, don't give in to the peer pressure... rebel against it because not being ashamed and growing closer to God will stop them in their tracks because then they realize that their snide remarks have no effect on you. Be the light in their lives... be a rebel.

Love,
Alicia
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment