Thursday, August 1, 2013

Step Out

Hello! Normally, I try to post only once a week, but, I just wanted to share something.
 
One of my friends at youth group stood up and told everyone in New Jersey that, "if you feel uncomfortable about sharing your testimony or telling people something that you feel that God's laying on your heart, then you know you have to do it, because that uncomfortable feeling tugging at your heart is God".
 
If you feel God calling you to ministry, don't be afraid to share the gospel, even if you feel like you're not good enough,  just go with where you feel led. God has already given you the strength, all you have to do is to not ignore that discomfort and to step out. God will give you everything you need. So if you feel like you want to, say, speak in front of your church, or maybe your youth group, just do it. You never know how many lives you would miss being a saving grace in if you keep silent. Some good friends of mine have helped me to come out of my comfort zone a little more and to be more transparent (to the point of spilling my testimony to friends that I don't know that well, friends that are now family), just by stepping out themselves, even though they themselves felt uncomfortable. I put this at the end of a few of my posts before, but I want to do it now. This is my motto. One that God spoke into me one day.
~Never let anyone tell you that you can't, because you're more than capable to do whatever God calls you to do

Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment