Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Warrior

Hello again! So, this past week, I took my missions trip to New Jersey with my youth group. So much happened there. The speaker (Pastor Cornell Jordan) did amazing and spoke into our lives, giving us all amazing testimonies. My youth group all bonded, and are like family now. 
 
 
I thought that I was the only one hiding behind a mask at church, but, it turns out that almost everybody that came to New Jersey was hiding something. Hiding feelings and thoughts that consumed them, and made them feel terrible. Siblings were learning things about each other that they had no idea were even going on. Even my testimony made people I know say, "Really? I never would've guessed!" I felt the same way about everyone else.
 
They did this service, called, 'Your Secret Name', and it's the name that God gives you. The Pastor had us write all of the names, good and bad, that either we've given ourselves, or that others have put on us. I had gotten over everything at camp already, and had never really thought about what it was like to feel all that heaviness weighing down on me, so I was shocked when I felt it as I wrote all of those names. I felt it all like a ton of bricks hitting me, and I promised myself that I'd never feel what I did ever again.
The secret name that God revealed to me was Warrior, because I withstood the attacks the Enemy threw at me, and I'm still here today, stronger for it all. Just like a lot of my friends.

We all knew that, coming home from the missions trip, reality would try to knock us out and tear us apart again, but this time, I'm ready. I've surrendered my life to God, let Him know that it's His to do what He wants with. It was hard to do because I know that I'll have to give things up along the way, but I know that God's still here, and He's the only One I need.

I hope that God's blessing you enormously right now. Just remember that, even when you feel like your battle wounds are too great to bear, you're a warrior, and, with God, Satan can't touch you. You just have to decide that he's no longer allowed in.

Love,
Alicia
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment