Monday, August 12, 2013

Rebels; The Two Different Kinds

Hello! Today I'm going to talk about rebels, the type society says you should be, and the rebel you should want to be.
 
Society's rebel has to fit in with everyone else by wearing cool clothes, being gorgeous, having the most friends, dating someone who has long hair and earrings. Society's rebel has to sneak things from their parents, has to listen to trashy music, watch inappropriate shows until their mind is too corrupt for anything good to take place there. So many good kids' lives have gone downhill because of influences in their lives, whether it's TV, friends, or even family.
 
The rebel you should strive to be doesn't fit with the world's design, but with God's design. Rebels like that don't feel the need to sneak around, to do everything that has been set as a boundary for them by authority. They're fine with being more sheltered, going to church, living a Christian life and being different from everyone else.
 
I don't know about you, but I'm sold on the second rebel, even though it makes me different. I'm not like my friends. They have different views about things than I do. I was talking to one of them recently and she said that God is always going to be a part of her life, but she doesn't feel like her calling is to be involved in the church, that she's seen people that have done what they want to do instead of what they've felt led by God to do, and they've had happy lives. I'm not saying you have to be in ministry, because not everyone is called to do that, but think about where most of the people who do whatever the world says they should end up. As an example, Miley Cyrus started out as the perfect role model for girls everywhere. I looked up to her big time and adored her music, and I loved how she was able to stay good, even though so many other celebrities went downhill. Then, she decided she wanted to grow up and then changed completely. Growing up doesn't have to mean that you follow the path that so many people do. Lots of people move out of the house and take advantage of the fact that their parents aren't really in control anymore and they do all the things they couldn't do as a kid.
 
I feel like I'm going to be tested in the future because of my decision to rebel for Christ, but I'm not giving in to it. I already have been tested in some ways before, but I came out alive and stronger for it all, a warrior.
 
So, what have you decided? Are you okay with being a little different? If you're not planning on ministry, I want you to know that I'm not trying to bash you for that. God could be calling you to something totally different, and that's okay!
 
Have an awesome week, and if you're in school right now, I hope you're having a great start to your year!
 
Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment