Sunday, August 18, 2013

Don't Want To Grow Up, Don't Want To Let Go

Hello! Right now I'm sitting in my almost-finished new bedroom, tired from a fun day at the Westmoreland County Fair with my family. I also got to hang to hang out with a close friend of mine for a little bit. He had been there for three days showing his adorable baby goat, Dorothy. I had a lot of fun getting out of the house today... which is surprising because I usually can't stand getting out of the house.

I realize that a lot of fellow teenagers are starting school either tomorrow or the 26th, and I can guarantee that, somewhere out there in the world, there's another freshman reading this. Are you nervous to start high school? I know I am! I remember being in first grade, and how, at school, everyone thought that high schoolers were all that (we even thought that the fifth graders were high schoolers) and no one could wait to be a teenager, to grow up, to call our own shots. Now, I laugh at that because, now that I've reached that point, that exaggerated age, I'm scared. Being older is not what it was cracked up to be. Having a boyfriend is great, but it's not a fantasy thing. Guys (and girls) aren't going to be perfect, and they're going to let you down eventually. Staying up late is much harder to do, because of the fact that being older entitles more responsibility. Going into high school is scary because, suddenly, you only have four more years left of school, you have to figure out what you want to do with your life, and you have to come to the realization that, in just a few short years, you're going to have to grow up! Last year, my friend told me that he was nervous, because he was starting his freshman year. I could only imagine what he felt. Now, I understand. I'm scared, too. I don't know if I'm ready to grow up. For 13 years of my life, I only ever wanted to grow up, be older, get to do more. Now, I wish I could go back and feel what I do now, because I could've appreciated being younger more than I did. I never even dreamed that I'd be where I am today, nor did I think the years would fly this fast. I still feel like 2013 just started... but we're already halfway through it! It's crazy.  

Before I went to New Jersey last month, I was really stressed about this type of thing, like, way more than I should be. I feel like God spoke a Bible verse into my life one night.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God
~Philippians 4:6

Also,

"For I know the plans that I have for you," Declares The Lord, "plans for prosperity and not calamity, plans to give you a future and a hope."
~Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11 is a verse that pops up a lot in my life, and it's the verse on my purity ring. I got it for my birthday and wear it proud everywhere I go.

Those verses helped me big time. I realized that I wasn't going to God as much as I used to, and that He was waiting for me, He was ready to help me out. He was just waiting for me to ask Him for help.

Sometimes, we need to just let go and let God. Let God have control, let Him decide how your life is going to play out, let go of your way, because your way isn't going to benefit you like His way is, no matter how happy your way makes you. My way made me happy because I had a boyfriend, my best friend and I were like sisters, I felt like everything was perfect and held on too tightly to them. Now, my bestie and I aren't that close anymore, my ex and I haven't had any contact whatsoever since he broke up with me, and I've had to cope with being broken and slowly rebuilding life.

If you're struggling with anything right now, give it to God, never stop praying about it. Also, I know that I'm some random teenage girl from Pennsylvania who you don't even know, but if you have prayer needs, want advice, or just need someone to listen, feel free to comment! If you don't want to have it published, just let me know, and it'll remain private. Just remember that you're never alone in anything that you go through.

I hope you have an amazing week and I pray that God would really begin to work in your life.
Love,
Alicia
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment