Tuesday, July 9, 2013

After A Hurricane, Comes A Rainbow

Hello to anyone reading right now! 

I'm really excited right now about upcoming events in my life. For one, my youth group is having a summer party thing at a pool near us & it's going to be so fun! I'm going to be doing skits and stuff like that for it. I'm also going to New Jersey in two weeks on a missions trip. Ever since the hurricane hit there last year, I've been wanting to go there with my youth group on a missions trip, like, really bad, so, as you may have guessed, I'm super excited for that, too.

Another thing that I'm excited about is that I get to move into a new room. Remember how I wrote about my cousins who came to live with us last year? Well, my Dad was building them a room downstairs, but it never got completely finished yet, and ever since they moved out, I've really wanted that room. So my parents surprised me and now we're almost done with it!

This is what we're basing it off of








I've really changed my mind about things lately, mostly involving guys. My boyfriend recently called off our relationship for various reasons. It didn't end badly at all, in fact, I'm pretty sure everything between the two of us is still fine except for the fact that we're not together, but that was really hard for me for a while. 
My point with this is, I used to be such a hopeless romantic. My stories almost always had the perfect guy that I knew didn't exist, just because I was in love with the idea of being in love with someone. Having his arm around you. Talking for hours. Everything being perfect. Then I went head over heels for him. He was always so fun to be around and everything, then we split.
After that, I realized that, in life, we hold on too tight to people. I think that, when stuff like that happens, it isn't God being mean, but I think he tries to show us that we shouldn't be so faithful in things of the world, that he's more dependable than the people around us, because even the people who are the closest to you will let you down someday, whether you think so or not.
A long time ago, I had a best friend, and she was amazing. We were like sisters. I'm sure some of you can relate to this. Everything was great, and I thought that nothing could go wrong, and that she was the sort of person I could depend upon to always be there for me, even if the world around us was in chaos, and she was. Then, the time came that when I wanted to be there for her, she walked away, for a long time. This girl and I, we're friends again, but I think that was another lesson for me about holding on too tight. Yes, you can get close to people, and that's not a bad thing, at all, but, don't put more faith in them than the faith you have in God. Because when everything falls apart, God's the only one who'll remain constant. 

If you as a reader are going through something of this sort with someone you love, remember to pray. Don't stop, either. In a book I read, it said to not stop praying, don't give up, because you could be one prayer short of a miracle if you do. 

Have an amazing week!

Alicia
§

No comments:

Post a Comment