Sunday, November 23, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

    Hello! I'm wondering if I even have any readers anymore because I keep abandoning this blog...
    Anyway, it's finally November and I love it. Despite the fact that I hate the cold weather, November's my favorite month. Thanksgiving is this coming week and I've been thinking about how thankful I am for the things in my life. I have two amazing parents and three beautiful little sisters. I have friends and a boyfriend who I love so much and enjoy, a youth group I can get involved with, a roof over my head and food to eat. Last but definitely not least, I'm alive and have God as my savior. I think He gives us each life for a reason, a specific purpose, and even though it's crazy and messed up and we go through things that hurt really bad, life is beautiful. I'm so thankful for it because there's more good than bad. 
    I've always been kind of fascinated with humans, with life, with this world. Honestly, when I hear people talk about evolution, I don't understand how people can believe that for the simple reason that everything is too detailed to just have randomly occurred from spontaneous combustion. I'm not bashing people who believe that in any way, I've just never been able to believe that myself because of everything around me, even just from observing general human nature. We're all so beautifully complicated and while we're all the same species, we're all different, unique and that, in my opinion, could only result from a Creator, not the Big Bang. 
I don't know, there's things I feel passionately about and this in a way is one of them. I've seriously been considering studying psychology after high school because the human mind honestly fascinates me. I want to take that and use it in therapy because it's in my nature to want to help people who are hurting. I'm just praying that God would bless my future and whatever I decide to do. 

    I hope you had a great weekend and that you have a great thanksgiving!! 


                                     Love always,
                                               Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment