Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Loving Life


I'm so ready for the weekend. Things have been pretty busy since my last post. For one thing, my cousin had to go to the hospital and was diagnosed with pneumonia. We recently found out that we'll be flying out to Colorado before school starts, I'm super excited! It will be my first plane trip, too. I'm so thankful that the wildfires in CO didn't reach my friends & family out there. 

Colorado wildfire... Yikes.
I'm also excited because my Grandpa, Grandma, & my six year old Aunt Bonita are coming out soon! Yeah, I know. Six year old aunt... not something you hear everyday. She had her birthday July 5th. She is so sweet & adorable. 

I've been really writing songs lately. I used to not write songs at all because I had writer's block. Then I realized I was trying to write about imaginary love stories, & not about real life stuff. So I tried writing realistically, & it worked. Yesterday I wrote a song in under 15 minutes. 

A friend & I are going to sing a song for our church someday in the near future.  Have you ever heard JJ Heller's song, ' What Love Really Means'? That's the song we're going to sing.



It's such a beautiful song, and I adore her voice. Someday, I want to sing. When I was younger, I always wanted to sing songs like Taylor Swift or Hannah Montana sang. Then, as I got older, people started telling me that you should strive to use your gifts for God, & the more I thought about it, the more I realized I wanted to do that. I want to sing for the glory of God. Because without Him, I wouldn't be a singer. I wouldn't even be here on earth right now. So if I ever get to be a singer, I'm going to be a Christian singer.

Want to know something weird? I'm craving a fruit snack right now. LOL! I don't know why... don't you judge me. Speaking of which, I have another must-see video. 


You're going to be seeing a lot of Tim on this blog. 
I'm hoping to get a haircut this week. I just have to ask my dad about it. This is the cut I want. 


I totally adore it. Anyhoo, I hope God is blessing each of you readers tremendously. 
Love, Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment